Monday, June 22, 2009

Chance

"you lift my feet off the ground,
you spin me around, you make me crazier"

When one door closes, another opens. The world is filled with endless opportunities and chances to be found. We don't realize this and sometimes we take it for granted. I know that I have and in a way it makes me feel better to recognize my mistakes. It may be easily forgotten, but there's always a second chance to learn again.

As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It’s not that we don’t want to, but too much has happened and we can’t. I didn't believe I would ever move on. I didn't believe I'd find someone else. I didn't believe I cold ever be the lucky one again. Days, weeks, months, endless hours have passed. I feel like I can finally let go of it all. I want to love again and I'm not going to let you get the best of me.

I’m not the silly romantic you think. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I want a steady hand to hold mine, a kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love and be loved.

Just let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment